Sunday, November 11, 2012

Everyone Runs Half Marathon

This ultrarunner is really getting too old for half marathons on pavement! I haven't been doing any speedwork, so it ended up being a difficult run. I ran as fast as I could, but hit a wall at 10 miles and slowed down a bit. It was really cold at the start, and I ended up overdressing and became fairly warm halfway through the race.

Total distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 1:55:02 

I finished 5th in my new age group (45-49). I missed 3rd place by one minute and 7 seconds. I'll take it!


It was 3 weeks after Grand Canyon R2R2R, but I think I recovered well. Wasn't my fastest time, but given that I've been training for massive uphills and not fast and flat running, I was happy with it. Not sure if I'll ever do another one (I think I may be done with pavement forever), but Everyone Runs has the best races. A long sleeve shirt that actually fits my small frame, a great breakfast, and a good course.

Back to the long, long runs with lots of uphill starting next week! 

No comments: